Monday, March 06, 2006

Snowy Monday

It's March, and all over the world (well, this hemisphere, anyway), flowers are blooming and the days are getting warmer. But not here. Here it's snowing. This is about the time of year when I really, really miss southern California. I love the snow, but in March? That's just ridiculous.

Here's the Child's Placket Neck Pullover:

It took just about two skeins of Knitpicks Shine Twist in Romance. Even the next size up would have needed a third skein. I like this pattern a lot (not the first time, before I knew about the rampant errors). I'm working on a pair of Angora Baby Booties, also from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, in a white-pink variegated ball of Valeria di Roma Angora. Yes, it's a lot of pink. But the mom these three things are for both likes pink and is having a daughter, and how often does that happen?

Reading: How to Murder a Millionaire by Nancy Martin. Cute, quick read.

Writing: I retooled some of chapter 2 over the weekend, and this week, I'm writing all of chapter 3. Starting now!

Cooking: Tonight I'm making a pasta dish with roasted eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes. If it turns out edible, I might post the recipe.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a nice yarn to use for this pattern! It came out very cute.

leedav said...

You're such a prolific knitter and blogger. I think I'm just good at reading blogs... I think I see many more placket sweaters in my future. The one I made fits my nephew and my mom wants one in her size!

String Bean said...

I love what you did with the pinwheel blanket. Bulls-eye! Geronimo has such character. I think all cats love to have their pictures taken. "Look at me, look at me!"

Jenny said...

That's really cute! I've been seeing that sweater around a lot lately. Great yarn choice