Thursday, March 16, 2006

One step forward...



Just when I thought I might never finish the Heavenly Stole (from Exquisite Little Knits), I've made some progress on it. It's starting to look like something that will be wearable and less like a square. That's snow in the background, by the way. I'm almost done with the first ball of Kidsilk Haze (the pattern takes about two or "until desired length"). I know people love this yarn, but it's not all that and a bag of chips for me. It is soft, but sometimes it starts to be a little scratchy over my fingers when I've been knitting a while, and it's fiddlier than I usually like my yarn--so thin that I have to watch my knitting more than usual. I'm reserving judgment till I have the completed piece, though. For reference, this is a simple 2-row pattern repeat on size 8 needles. Maybe it's nicer with smaller needles? Or a different lace pattern?

Reading: same. I have to start The Year of Magical Thinking for book club, though. I keep thinking the meeting is WAY in the future, but it's next Wednesday. Yeesh.

Writing: Argh. I am having so much difficulty finishing this chapter. Good thing I'm snowed in today.

Cooking: See above re: book club panic. Need a menu, need to go shopping. Ack!

2 comments:

String Bean said...

Heh heh, I though that was a curtain. I don't like kidsilk haze. It's way too scratchy for me. I can't wear any amount of mohair. Scratchy rash-a-mania!

Menu: NY strip steak, grilled to perfection topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions. Perhaps some boiled and buttered potatoes on the side. Steamed broccoli maybe. Grilling should be a blast, it's pouring freezing rain outside. RIGHT down the back of the neck. I love it.

allisonmariecat said...

It does look curtain-ish in the photo, doesn't it? I didn't even notice--I was just trying to get the snow background in :)