Friday, February 24, 2006

Pithy title goes here

Photo posting issues today...

Knitting: About 25% through the sleeves on Marie Louise. I cast on for both sleeves at once. This is partly because I hate finishing one sleeve and having to do the exact same thing again, and partly so the increases match. It's definitely going to be more of a sprint than a long-distance event (like the one where they're cross country skiing...and skiing...and skiing).

Writing: I should be able to finish chapter two of the murder mystery today!

Reading: I finished The Iowa Baseball Confederacy last night, and I really liked this book. Even if baseball isn't your religion (as it seems to be for Kinsella), it's an engrossing read with well-drawn, complex characters and incredible storytelling. I'm starting The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde next. I've been putting it off, though I love Jasper Fforde, because what I really want is a fifth Thursday Next novel, and it's not going to be.

Cooking: I have done practically no interesting cooking lately. I'll have to start again after the Olympics.

1 comment:

Tim said...

"I believe in the Church of Baseball. I've tried all the major religions, and most of the minor ones. I've worshipped Buddha, Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, trees, mushrooms, and Isadora Duncan. I know things. For instance, there are 108 beads in a Catholic rosary and there are 108 stitches in a baseball. When I heard that, I gave Jesus a chance. But it just didn't work out between us. The Lord laid too much guilt on me. I prefer metaphysics to theology. You see, there's no guilt in baseball, and it's never boring.."
-Bull Durham