So, I've made some progress on Jaywalker #1:
The heel turn went quite well, and I actually like my 7" bamboo needles better. The length isn't a problem, and the bamboo is much more flexible and smooth than the birch, anyway. I did, after much tugging and cursing, manage to get the darn thing on my foot. The pattern is insanely inflexible, which I had read from other Jaywalker-knitters and responded "Yeah, yeah, whatever." I'm wondering if I should have made the bigger size. I don't think I have massive feet, and I thought I measured my foot correctly and determined the 8" was for me. But maybe not. The irritating thing about socks (well, one of them) is that once you finish one and weave in the ends, you're only HALF DONE! On the other hand, I love how pretty it is in the Lorna's Laces.
I didn't feel like working on Orangina (which I'm kind of re-thinking anyway. I'm just not sure it'll be a good look for me, so maybe the cotton 4-ply needs to be something else), and I needed a break from the eensy eensy needles, so I cast on for T-Twist. I wasn't really that into the spring issue of Knitty, but Reluctant Mango (great name!) made a T-Twist in Brooks Farm Four Play yarn, and it looks fabulous, and I had to have one RIGHT NOW. I appear to be impaired in some way, though, since I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to be doing for the twist. So I'm stuck at this point:
Here's hoping the awesome folks at the Knitty Coffeeshop can help me wrap my brain around this. That's Brooks Farm Four Play yarn in Poppies, which I wasn't sure about, but the colors have grown on me. I'm making a medium, which calls for 5 balls of 98-yard/ball yarn. I have 540 yards of the Brooks Farm, so here's hoping my past problems with running out don't resurface. I would really like to lengthen the sleeves a bit, but I'm concerned about running out of yarn. I like this yarn, though it was a pain to wind. I don't have a ball winder or swift, so please excuse my wonky ball there.
Writing: 21,000 words. Still in the same spot. I had a cold all weekend. But cold, or no cold, I'm finished chapter 5 by Friday!!!
Reading: Still fluffy.
Cooking: Nothing very exciting. Curry Couscous tonight.
General Housekeeping: I faux-indexed my recipes and finished knitting projects in posts, so there's a new link on the sidebar for each, rather than a complete list. They were both just getting too long. I also moved the archives and recent posts back up. It's a low-tech solution, but I like it. I may add a "Just Finished" knitting project list to the sidebar of the last couple of projects, but it's not that hard to click on the finished project link, I guess.