Friday, May 05, 2006

By Popular Demand

Okay, I still don't have modeled photos of T-Twist (the Photographer is out of town today), but after questions about the double-decrease "poof", I thought I could show it pretty well with the top on a hanger:


It's pretty pronounced, almost like (if you'll excuse the comparison) a third breast. I think I will be ripping back to change to two separate decreases, because the poof really bothers me.

Other knitting: A couple of inches on Jaywalker II: Revenge of the Double Decrease (man, what is it with double decreases??). I'm playing with the Indian Summer Shawl more. The yarn (Cherry Tree Hill Fingering Silk) is stunning, and I want to show it off. I definitely think a rectangle is called for. I have 1300 yards, though, which seems like a BIG rectangle.

Sometimes I check my sitemeter to see how people are getting to my blog. Some of the google/yahoo/msn searches are a little funny, though most are knitting-related. Yesterday, someone searched for "how to roll a ball of yarn," and I thought, since I have to wind the other Cherry Tree Hill hank, anyway, maybe I'll do a pictorial of the process.

Reading: Still on Agatha Raisin and the Quiche of Death. I think I want to be Agatha Raisin when I grow up. She moves to a village in the Cotswolds, and as an "incomer", she's mostly ignored, even if people are polite. So she signs up for the village quiche contest to boost her popularity, and buys her entry at a London shop since she doesn't cook. Then she steals the housecleaner of a bitchy neighbor by offering her a higher wage. Awesome.

Writing: 22,500! Ah, yes, progress. I may have to give myself a Chapter 5 extension until Monday, though. I'm trying to finish by this afternoon, but the virus thing really threw off my week. I think at the halfway point (end of Chapter 6), I'll do some extensive revising since I have a growing list of character development that needs to happen, added scenes, information that has to be revealed early, etc.

Cooking: I did a kind of weird soba noodle-bean sprout-tofu soup today. Not sure I'd recommend it.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! Check the recipe archive for enchiladas and tamales :)

8 comments:

Stefaneener said...

Well, if the pouf were more strategically placed, I could benefit from it! I applaud your rip back and re-do eithic. go, go go!

Rain said...

I see what you mean with it now. I hope it doesn't take too long to fix.

Brittany said...

Is to poof very visible when you wear it? I would totally rip it back too.

String Bean said...

Erk..I hate quiche. Quiche of Death...heh heh heh...

That's a damn ski slope! Rip that baby back. Is it decreased every row? Or every other row? Good luck with your re-do.

Forgot to mention this earlier: the sleeve adding attempt I made on Picovoli didn't work. There wasn't enough fabric to cover my shoulder and it was too late and I was too tired to try again. I ripped the sleeve back and just did the cap sleeve with the picot edge. I blocked it last week and I love it! It's an autumn garment because it's alpaca, but it's soo warm and soft. I'm not sorry the sleeve didn't work.

YarnThrower said...

Okay, so I'm really in suspense...wondering if chapter five is completed :-)

Elizabeth said...

That's a pattern I took one look at in the picture and thought was flawed. Someone sewing would never put a single dart in the middle of the neckline, pointing down between the boobs. Why knit it in? Your's will be lovely when you rework the decreases.

KnitPastis said...

Heeee, I love your little entry on this post about what your are reading. Very funny stuff you wrote!! Thanks for the good laugh!

mle said...

Thanks for the center pull ball winding tips! I had no idea you could do that yourself. I just tried it today and it worked great!!!