Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back to Knitting Content

I think I remember how to do this blogging thing. Here's a quick update on my "things I do," besides feeding the baby.

Knitting: No, my Christmas knitting is still not done. I have another Gryffindor sock to make for Matt (though the first one fit perfectly!). And I have a scarf I'm finishing, a Branching Out in Rowanspun DK in Eau de Nil, for Lilah's future Aunt Maureen. Since I wasn't going to see Maureen at Christmas, I planned to cast on for her scarf on Christmas day and send it with my brother-in-law on the 26th when he went to visit her, but, ha ha! I went into labor instead. It's almost done:


Reading: I finished re-reading the Diane Mott Davidson books. The last couple bugged me more than I remember. The early ones are definitely better. Now I'm reading Sue Grafton's S is for Silence. I don't think I've read her since O. I don't think I liked P, so I stopped. But S is good, a really tight mystery about a woman who disappeared 30-plus years ago. After this, I might start some actual literature...I got some good books for Christmas. Lilah and I are reading Winnie-the-Pooh. I haven't read these stories in years and years, and we're both enjoying them.

Writing: Nothing yet, but I'm getting into my schedule with Lilah, so I hope to start tomorrow. I've been writing thank you notes...does that count?

Cooking: Ha! I might make pizza tomorrow night, but there hasn't been time lately. Surprise, surprise :)

9 comments:

snowdrop said...

Love the scarf! The colour is really gorgeous...

Anonymous said...

The new blogger, which I switched to yesterday, has created a few, er, "challenges" for me.... so not sure if my first comment here "took". I just wanted to say that I am so glad things are going so well for you! It's such a huge lifestyle change, and it sounds like you are really thriving! (My biggest challenge when our first baby was born was that I wasn't sleeping at all, but once we bought a recliner, things got a lot better.) Your scarf looks so great! I'm going to try that pattern this year for sure!

String Bean said...

Technically you are cooking, for one. Doesn't breastfeeding sort of count as cooking?

I like the color of that scarf. Very jungly green.

I'm not done with my Xmas knitting either. I have one sock and a lace scarf to finish. Everyone got one handknit. All the second handknits I had planned will switch over to Christmas this year. It's the '07 jump.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you are still able to blog, read and knit. I stopped knitting when my son was born. Then, it took me 11 years to start up again. (He is now 13). The scarf is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you two are settling into life together quite nicely. The fact that you have been getting anything, besides feeding baby, done at all is amazing. Branching Out looks lovely in that yarn. I love Winnie the
Pooh. I am just waiting for Jarvis to be able to sit still for more than 10 minutes at a time so we can start reading them together.

turtlegirl76 said...

The scarf is a pretty sea green. I'm sure she'll love it!

I wants me more bebe pics though. >.>

Stefaneener said...

Still . . . you're doing so much. Can you knit and nurse at the same time?

Anonymous said...

Like everyone else, I'm impressed by how much a routine you seem to have gotten into and how much you seem to be getting done. And that you have enough will power to knit anything but cute baby stuff -- I think I wouldn't be able to resist. You have excellent self-discipline.

Rain said...

I think Lilah was a perfectly excusable interruption to your knitting. It's a lovely shade of green for the BO.