The lovely String Bean has tagged me with a meme, and since she also named me most likely to respond, I think I will!
And tomorrow, back to our regularly scheduled programming.
48 Things You Could Care Less About
1. FIRST NAME? Allison
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, my grandmother, Alice.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I don't remember.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, I've always liked my handwriting. When you grow up with a teacher mom, you have very good handwriting.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Since I'm vegetarian, I'll answer with avocado. Or possibly provolone cheese.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Naturally!
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? My blog is the first time I've ever consistently kept a journal. I had lots of diaries in childhood that trailed off in January.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Probably not. Although, I did do the swinging-through-the-canopy-thing and scuba diving on my honeymoon, so I might surprise myself.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Homemade granola. I'm also partial to raisin bran and shredded wheat.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I've been called freakishly strong when reconfiguring an office.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Cookies and cream. Except when it's mint chip.
14. SHOE SIZE? 8
5. RED OR PINK? Depends entirely on the day. Currently, pink in honor of Butterbean.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Huh. Not sure. I can be overly timid, which drives me nuts sometimes.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My parents and brother are 2000 miles away.
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Sure, why not?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Tan pants, burgundy shirt, pink fuzzy socks.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? An avocado and jack cheese sandwich on sourdough.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Traffic sounds and the cats playing.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Forest green.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Bread baking.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My dad.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Smile.
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON you stole THIS from? Yes!
27. FAVORITE DRINK? Wow, it so depends. Coffee in the morning. Tea or cocoa in the afternoon. Tanqueray Ten martini, dry with olives, when I'm not pregnant. Wheat beer in the summer.
28. FAVORITE SPORT? Knitting's a sport, right? I like watching baseball and soccer.
29. EYE COLOR? Green.
30. HAT SIZE? Whatever. As long as it's reasonably stretchy. Okay, you caught me, I'm too lazy to measure my head.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yes, I am blind as a bat. Blinder, actually, since I don't have sonar.
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Artichokes.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. I hate being scared.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer. (Now if it were any of the seasons, I'd pick fall.)
36. HUGS OR KISSES? How well do I know you?
37. FAVORITE DESSERT? Something super-chocolatey. Surprise me.
38. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? I think I can bug Tim till he does it.
39. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? It's hard to tell. A lot of my fellow bloggers just never do memes.
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Harry Potter with Butterbean. Owl's Well That Ends Well. The Nursing Mother's Companion, Hypnobirthing, and Super Baby Food.
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? No mouse pad...laptop.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? No TV at all, due to childbirth class. My class did watch a video on the stages of labor, if that counts.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Prague, I think.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I can find patterns in seemingly unrelated things.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Bakersfield, California
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? String Bean
I'm tagging Tim and KnitPastis, and anyone who reads my blog.
While we're at it, one of the food blogs I read had an intriguing game of picking your ten "desert island" ingredients and I thought I'd give it a shot. The rules are pretty simple. The only ingredients that exist on your island are the ten you choose. The island also has fresh water. This is harder than it sounds! You want ingredients with versatility and indispensability in your kitchen (the island has magically acceptable cooking facilities.
1. Fresh milk (can churn butter, make cheese, etc.)
3. Olives (it's not cheating if I say I can make olive oil from them, too, right?)
6. Bittersweet chocolate
10. Apples (can make pectin, and therefore marmalade with the lemons)
The lack of herbs/spices makes me sad. I would especially like to have room for cinnamon, basil, and parsley. And I like a lot more fruits and vegetables than are represented.
I guess this isn't a real meme, but I'm curious what Lee would say, so I'm hoping she'll do this, too.