Monday, January 28, 2008

Mission Possible 2008

Here is the challenge:

The saying goes that yarn and fiber does not have an expiration date. This is about change. Fiber that has been sitting in your stash…

-Find it!
-Remember when you bought it!
-Remember what did you want to do with!

Look for:
12 things – could be 12 balls of sock yarn for 12 pairs of socks
12 balls of yarn that you refuse to throw out or that are left over from another project
12 balls of roving
12 WIPs
12 UFOs…

The clock is ticking. Everything – meaning the 12 things you picked - needs to be gone by December 31, 2008. It is up to you to achieve your goal and finish 12 possible missions.

You can…

…Fullfill its original destiny!
…Do something completely different!
…Donate it!
…Throw it out!
…Set it on fire! But then we want to see the video on YouTube!

The goal is to get these 12 items out of your stash by the end of 2008!

And here are a few rules:

1. You commit to the 12 tasks and put your list either on the Ravelry group or on your blog.
2. You finish all of your tasks by December 31, 2008.
3. If you don’t accomplish your goal, you will have to donate the selected items.

So, I am going to actually post my 12 goals, and maybe stick them on the template so I don't forget about them. My larger goal is one FO per month (I know, this is unbelievably sad and pathetic, but I didn't even come close last year), but here are my 12 stash items and my plans for them:

1. Gryffindor Sock Yarn: I want a pair of Gryffindor socks for me this year. I made a pair for Matt and then lost momentum and didn't make mine.

2. Opal Sock Yarn in Tiger: I bought this to make a pair of socks for Matt for Christmas 2005. Enough said.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 3. Opal Sock Yarn from Christmas: I got this at Christmas, and I'm working on Waving Lace Socks for me. On the needles.

4. Lorna's Laces in Vera: socks for me.

5. Lorna's Laces in Happy Valley: socks for me.

6. Tons of Peruvian Silk from elann.com in orchid: Destined to be a Henley Perfected.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 7. Malabrigo in Velvet Grapes: Simple Knitted Bodice for me.

8. Rowanspun 4-Ply in Siren: Tussie Mussie for me. On the needles.

9. Zephyr Wool Silk in Black: Irish Diamond Shawl on the needles for ages. Meant to be a Christmas 2007 gift for my mother-in-law, but fizzled out, and hanging out on the needles.

10. Sunshine Yarns in Strawberry Banana: either socks or something for Lilah.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! 11. Lilah's Noro Silk Garden: Only one skein, which makes it challenging. I have to find something to do with this and knit it for her before the end of the year.

12. 7 balls of Peruvian Silk in dark purple: Find something to do with it and knit it! Maybe for Lilah, because she loves purple.

No comments: