Friday, April 21, 2006

Baby Beluga!






I'm back! And the Baby Beluga Bolero is all done, and in the mail. I ended up tying it with a ribbon because I didn't have a button I liked. I'll type up the pattern, probably today. But I might wait to post it until I hear if it fits Lily :) I think it took about 8 hours of knitting, but more total because of the designing. Lots of math. Overall, I'm happy with it. I'm still conflicted over whether I should have picked up and knit the edging instead of incorporating it. The edges rolled a bit, but were easily straightened with a warm iron.



And that's Geronimo, playing with a kitty toy I made! Back when I was making Booga Bags for last Christmas, I thought it would be neat to have a pocket in them, so I felted a square, but quickly realized I had no interest in sewing it on. It's been floating around the apartment ever since, occasionally batted at by the cats. I cut it into two pieces and sewed one into a rectangle and the other into a triangle, stuffed with catnip and spare yarn. I left a long "tail" when sewing it on, and they seem to enjoy them. Noro for kitties!

Other knitting: Back to Somewhat Cowl, which has gotten somewhat longer (pause for laughter). I hope to have it finished by the end of the weekend.

Reading: Just finishing a fluffy book and deciding what's next. Trollope, maybe.

Writing: Not a whole lot of progress this week. Still on chapter 5, still with some revision to be done.

Cooking: I'm cooking tonight, maybe stuffed mushrooms. And the outdoor farmer's market starts tomorrow!

Edited to add: Marie, Mirando was about 8 pounds when we brought him home. He got up to 16.5 pounds, and is now settled at 15 pounds. Geronimo was about 12 pounds when we brought him home. He got up to 18.3 pounds, and is now at 16. We learned that our cats can't free-feed :)

9 comments:

Holly said...

Allison! The sweater is gorgeous! I can't wait to get it and have Lily try it on! Thanks so much!

YarnThrower said...

Very cute sweater!

Enjoy the farmers market at the square! If we weren't going to be out of town in the morning tomorrow, we'd be there, too!

MBT said...

Gorgeous baby beluga - and now I will have that silly song stuck in my head for the rest of the afternoon, darn you!!!

Jerry & Maxy said...

GORGEOUS!!! Will you share your beautifully designed sweater-whale?

Brittany said...

Sooo cute.

Love the beluga.

Knittypants said...

The boleros is just darling! I can't call it a baby beluga, it's way to pretty!! I can't wait till you have the pattern done up, if the sizing doesn't work out for my daughter, then I will just have to find another baby to knit for!

Rain said...

That's so pretty and such a modern style. I can't wait for the pattern.

String Bean said...

8 hours! Oh No! Heh heh heh...
That's a cute sweater.

Let me rephrase my previous post, I'm ALMOST to the waist decreases. I'm currently working my way through 5.25" of St st. I put it down to work on a pair of socks for my sisters fiance and a Kitty Pi, so no more progress.

Stuffed mushrooms sound good. I think I'll make some tomorrow night (stuffed with parm. cheese). Had honey-mustard grilled chicken, garlic roasted potatoes, and peas tonight. Yum!

Knitcrazy said...

Thank You so Much for sharing this Adorable Pattern :)
http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/