Friday, September 22, 2006

Aha! (I think)

After much more digging through the stash, I came up with this version of the Swing Scarf from Exquisite Little Knits as my quick gift project. It's one strand each of a dark purple and light purple version of Elann's Peruvian Baby Silk. And I think...I like it. Even though I went down a few needle sizes (from 15 to 11), it might still be a bit loose-looking, but I like the light and dark colors together. The scarf is basically garter stitch, but pointed at either end and tasseled. It's not shiny or sparkly, as I had originally planned, but I think it's an elegant combination, and the yarn is heavenly.

Of course, this means I still have all that stupid KFI Dazzle in the stash. Hrm.

Other knitting: I'm sorry to say that I have removed the Coming Soon for the Orangina Baby Blanket pattern. I wasn't all that enamored of the yarn, plus it was my morning-sickness knitting, so I still feel queasy when I look at it. Plus, who wants to knit a baby blanket on size 3 needles? Not me. I feel great relief at having removed it from the sidebar, and I will be even happier once I can bring myself to touch the yarn to frog it. I hate having UFOs hanging over my head. Once I finish the gift scarf, it's back to the garter stitch baby blanket and the Vintage Beaded Gloves.

Reading: Still on Hot Six. Fun, funny stuff.

Writing: Still on chapter 7 and shooting for chapter completion Wednesday.

Cooking; We're going out of town tomorrow, so we really needed to deal with all the leftovers in the fridge, so nothing new. Next week should be more interesting. I'm also hosting my book club in a couple of weeks, so I have a menu to plan. Fun! I love doing that.

I've added some cooking sites to the sidebar as well, including the sourdough links I've used.

It's Day 5 of Sourdough Madness! And...I think we might be about done. Bert and Ernie might not need to travel with me this weekend. They're nice and bubbly throughout, and Ernie has been rising quite a bit in the morning. I think Bert might be a bit behind, as I'm not seeing any rising, just the foamy bubbly layer. So next week you can look forward to sourdough bread baking adventures.

4 comments:

Annie said...

You could knit through morning sickness? I admire you. I pretty much stopped knitting. Garter stitch made me queasy. Starting to get back into it now, woo hoo! Have you seen Knitting for Two by Erika Knight or Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding? Adorable!

Stefaneener said...

What a good idea about not doing the blanket that wasn't working for you. I think you've come up with a scarf winner with the purples. The tassle will be a nice touch.

Have you read the Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book desem recipe? I'd like to meet someone who has done that.

Rain said...

The purples look lovely together.

I don't blame you for frogging the blanket, it sounds liek a chore.

Holly said...

I agree, I really like the purples together! I think it will be really nice. And I don't blame you for frogging the blanket. I have one sitting around that I was making for someone and the combo turned out hideous. I just haven't had the heart to frog it. :-)